Doak House
1818

Of the eight Tusculum College buildings on the National Register of Historic Places, the Doak House was the first to be granted the honor.

The Doak House Museum is now home to the Tusculum College Museum Studies Program.

History

The two-story homestead was built circa 1818 four miles east of Greeneville, at the spot the Doaks had decided to call "Tusculum." Samuel Doak and Samuel Witherspoon Doak chose the site in part because of its close proximity to Frank's Creek.