Rankin Hall houses the Athletic Department, the Center for Civic Advancement, faculty offices, and classrooms.
"With money from Mrs. [Nettie] McCormick, the college was able to construct a new men's dormitory which provided accommodation for one professor and 46 students. When dedicated, this building was named Gordon Hall in honor of a McCormick grandson. The opening of Gordon Hall on February 8, 1924, largely relieved campus overcrowding and allowed Old College to be converted for use by the chemistry department." -- From Glimpses of Tusculum
The name of the building was changed in the 1950s to honor a long-time Tusculum teacher, Thomas Samuel Rankin.