The master’s degree in business administration at Tusculum is designed to assist young professionals to achieve their career objectives.
An MBA degree continues to gain recognition as a beneficial asset for professionals in today’s competitive employment market.
Our MBA program curriculum includes a deeper and broader study of core areas of business, while emphasizing the application of the principles of accounting, finance, economics, management, marketing, and business ethics within today’s contemporary global business environment.
The Pioneer MBA program at Tusculum is comprised of five, six-credit modules and allows students to collaborate with their employer and professor on a Comprehensive Business Project.
HOW TO APPLY
Graduate & Professional Studies Admission Procedures: Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for admission into Graduate & Professional Studies at Tusculum.
- Complete the online admission application.
- Submit official (sealed) transcripts of all college course-work mailed directly to Tusculum College from each previous institution.
- Veterans must submit a certified Veterans’ Form DD214 showing an honorable discharge.
- Current military personnel must submit basic training documentation.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score from within the last five years.
Admission requirements for Tusculum’s Graduate & Professional Studies program depend on the number of semester hours of earned college credit.
General Graduate & Professional Studies (GPS) Admission Requirements:
All applicants to graduate programs shall satisfy these common admission requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Possess a minimum G.P.A. as defined by each program and satisfy the admissions requirements that are specific to each program.
Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for admission into Graduate & Professional Studies at Tusculum College.
- Complete and submit a Tusculum College application.
- Request an official transcript from each institution attended be sent directly to Tusculum College Office of Enrollment Management, P.O. Box 5051, Greeneville, TN 37743.
- Submit a resume that reflects professional experience in accordance with the requirements of each program.
- Complete any MBA program-specific application procedures.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must furnish a score of 540-543 (paper), 207 (computer-based), 76 (Internet based) or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
- Phone or in-person interviews may be considered as part of the Admissions process.
In addition to the common requirements for admission to all graduate programs at Tusculum, applicants for the MBA program shall meet these requirements:
- Completed Application
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- International students must have an evaluated transcript with a 4 year equivalent degree
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Prompted Writing Sample (motivation for pursuing & opportunities accomplishing will afford)
- Professional Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation
*Non-business majors are strongly encouraged to pursue leveling courses through Peregrine before enrolling. Additionally, all MBA students are required to take entrance and exit Peregrine assessments.
**Provisional Acceptance – Seniors at Tusculum or other four year institution may be provisionally accepted with an incomplete transcript. Upon conferral of their undergraduate degree student must submit complete transcript.
**Conditional Acceptance – Applicants with less than a 3.0 may be accepted with an interview at the discretion of the Dean of the School of Business & Technology.
COSTS & TIME TO COMPLETION
Tusculum is one of the most affordable private colleges in the nation. Many are surprised to learn how reasonably priced obtaining your MBA degree can be.
Tusculum is committed to providing an affordable MBA degree program for hard-working professionals, offering a competitive rate of $425 per credit hour.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE AND THE COST TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE?
There are a variety of resources available to help students pay for college including federal loans, veteran’s benefits and highly competitive payment plan options. Over 84% of our Graduate & Professional Studies students receive some form of financial aid.
Our monthly tuition payment plan helps to make the costs of higher education manageable for our students and does not incur interest charges, unlike similar payment plan options offered by other comparable higher education institutions. For more information regarding our payment plan options, please contact the Business Office at 1-800-729-0256 Ext. 5060 and ask to speak to a student account associate or email Business@tusculum.edu.
Learn more at https://web.tusculum.edu/faid/
– Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov (Tusculum College’s code is 003527)
– Ask your employer about tuition reimbursement
WHAT MAKES TUSCULUM DIFFERENT?
“Tusculum’s MBA program exceeded my expectations with coursework taught by exceptional professors, and helped form lasting relationships with other graduate students. I have been able to apply what I was taught in the program and flourish in my career.”
Beth Anne Collins , MBA Class of 2015
SUCCESSFUL OUTCOMES FOR TUSCULUM GRADUATES
According to the recent National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) First Destination Survey, Tusculum graduates’ career outcomes were over 7% better than the national average, and more Tusculum graduates were employed full-time than the national average.
Tusculum has been ranked 23rd among the Best Bang for the Buck Colleges in the Southern category of the 2016 Washington Monthly College Rankings, appearing 4th for Tennessee institutions. Additionally, Tusculum was named 78th among all colleges and universities that offer master’s degree programs.
In 2016, Tusculum ranked among the top colleges in the State of Tennessee in the first-ever rankings of American colleges and universities by The Economist. Tusculum ranked an impressive 7th among the 36 Tennessee-based schools included. Overall, Tusculum was ranked in the 57th percentile—meaning it was ranked ahead of 57 percent of the 1267 American colleges and universities included in the rankings.
Tusculum College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission at Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Tusculum College.
The Tusculum School of Business and Technology is a candidate for accreditation with the Accreditation Council for Business School Programs.
CONTACT US & GET STARTED
Getting started at Tusculum is easy. We are here to support you every step of way.
Call Graduate & Professional Studies Admission at (423) 636-7339 or email us at email@example.com.
Or, fill out and submit your online application to begin the process immediately. Tusculum does not charge an application fee for the Master of Arts in Business Administration program.