Tusculum’s Online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree program is designed for healthcare workers to move up in their careers.
COME TO ONE OF OUR INFORMATION SESSIONS!
Appalachian Community Federal Credit Union at 5034 Bobby Hicks Highway
Knoxville Regional Center at 1305 Centerpoint Blvd.
At the Information Sessions for the Online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, you’ll learn about the reduced tuition rate, meet with program leaders and explore the smooth admission process.
The bachelor’s degree in healthcare management intentionally combines business and healthcare administration courses, with the purpose of providing students with an understanding of the evolution in the healthcare industry towards operating as a traditional business.
The program is designed for anyone who would like to begin a career or advance their current career in healthcare. The program is an excellent option for current healthcare employees that have already earned an Associate’s degree in a healthcare technical field, but require a Bachelor’s degree to seek a managerial position.
Graduates of the healthcare management program may seek employment opportunities with, but not limited to:
- physician and dental practices;
- community health agencies;
- home care, long-term care and managed care organizations;
- government entities;
- advocacy organizations and professional associations; and
- the insurance industry
Careers within the healthcare management field are expected to grow 17% through the year 2024,
which is much faster than the national average.* In 2015, the median pay for Medical and Health Service Managers was $94,000/year.
- Small class size
- Coursework includes 24 hours of foundational business courses which better prepares graduates to work in the increasing business environment of healthcare.
- Our program has been reviewed by many healthcare providers and their input has been incorporated into the curriculum.
- Our program focuses on the current issues of healthcare and on healthcare practitioners. Classes will include instructors, team teaching, or guest lectures from professionals in the field.
- Tusculum’s program includes a short residency requirement to build socialization and networking opportunities for students.
- Online course delivery is enhanced through video conference office hours. Each class will have posted office hours to allow students to talk live with their instructor.
HOW TO APPLY
Graduate & Professional Studies Admission Procedures: Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for admission into Graduate & Professional Studies at Tusculum.
- Complete the online admission application.
- Submit official (sealed) transcripts of all college course-work mailed directly to Tusculum College from each previous institution.
- Veterans must submit a certified Veterans’ Form DD214 showing an honorable discharge.
- Current military personnel must submit basic training documentation.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score from within the last five years.
Admission requirements for Tusculum’s Graduate & Professional Studies program depend on the number of semester hours of earned college credit.
- High school regular diploma with cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher or an offical acceptable GED or HiSet Scores
- Composite score of 19 or higher on the ACT (or equivalent SAT score)
- Complete the Graduate and Professional Studies Admission Procedures as listed above.
- Possess an overall minimum grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possess the equivalent of at least 54 semester hours or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Students with academic credit earned at nationally or specially accredited institutions may request that the Registrar’s Office review such credit with the pertinent academic department.
- Students for whom English is a second language must have a score of 540-543 (paper), 207 (computer-based), 76 (Internet based) or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
COSTS & TIME TO COMPLETION
As one of the most affordable private colleges in the nation, Tusculum has a proud tradition of helping working adults find success. Tusculum is committed to making a quality education affordable. Our tuition rates are very competitive.
The Online Healthcare Management program is offered at a reduced rate of $300 per credit hour.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE AND THE COST TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE?
There are a variety of resources available to help students pay for college including federal loans, veterans benefits and highly competitive payment plan options. Over 84% of our Graduate & Professional Studies students receive some form of financial aid.
Our monthly tuition payment plan helps to make the costs of higher education manageable for our students and does not incur interest charges, unlike similar payment plan options offered by other comparable higher education institutions.
For more information regarding our payment plan options, please contact the Business Office at 1-800-729-0256 Ext. 5060 and ask to speak to a student account associate or email email@example.com.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ONLINE DEGREE
Our students find there are many advantages to an pursing an online degree program at Tusculum.
- Online degrees are convenient and flexible.
- Online courses make use of your real world skills.
- Online courses promote life-long learning and look good on your resume.
- Online courses force you to be self-disciplined and make time for your success.
- Our online degrees are taught by our award-winning faculty, who created the programs.
FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Online courses at Tusculum are taught using Moodle, a friendly and intuitive learning management system (LMS) that connects students and faculty. Moodle is a widely-adopted and popular LMS that enables students to get up to speed quickly.
Additionally, Tusculum students may stay connected with faculty via the convenience of video-conferencing. Each course in the Healthcare Management program will have posted office hours so that students may talk live with their instructor.
CONTACT US & GET STARTED
Getting started at Tusculum is easy. We are here to support you every step of way.
Call Dr. Kathryn Wilhoit at 423-444-3324 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, fill out and submit your online application to begin the process immediately. Tusculum does not charge an application fee for the Online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program.
For a step-by-step guide for applying for Financial Aid and the admission process for Tusculum’s Graduate and Professional Studies program, download the Healthcare Management Program Information Packet