Our program is uniquely designed to bridge the gap between technology and business, making our graduates attractive job candidates to local, regional and global employers.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology is offered fully online and provides students a broad knowledge in the various fields of information technology to prepare them for a number of IT positions.
Students in Tusculum’s Information Technology program will acquire skills related to database management, system administration, web design, software engineering, networking, security and information systems. In addition, students will complete a business core of economics, accounting, finance and marketing to enable them to apply their technical skills in a business setting.
Graduates of this degree program will be prepared for such positions as:
- Computer Systems Manager
- Database Administrator
- Web Developer
- IT Support Specialists
- Network Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst
HOW TO APPLY
Graduate & Professional Studies Admission Procedures: Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for admission into Graduate & Professional Studies at Tusculum.
- Complete the online admission application.
- Submit official (sealed) transcripts of all college course-work mailed directly to Tusculum College from each previous institution.
- Veterans must submit a certified Veterans’ Form DD214 showing an honorable discharge.
- Current military personnel must submit basic training documentation.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score from within the last five years.
Admission requirements for Tusculum’s Graduate & Professional Studies program depend on the number of semester hours of earned college credit.
- High school regular diploma with cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher or an offical acceptable GED or HiSet Scores
- Composite score of 19 or higher on the ACT (or equivalent SAT score)
requirements for regular admission may be granted conditional admission or special student status. The specific
Information Technology program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Graduate and Professional Studies Admission Procedures as listed above.
- Possess an overall minimum grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possess the equivalent of at least 54 semester hours or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Students with academic credit earned at nationally or specially accredited institutions may request that the Registrar’s Office review such credit with the pertinent academic department.
- Students for whom English is a second language must have a score of 540-543 (paper), 207 (computer-based), 76 (Internet based) or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
COSTS & TIME TO COMPLETION
As one of the most affordable private colleges in the nation, Tusculum has a proud tradition of helping working adults find success. Tusculum is committed to making a quality education affordable. Our tuition rates are very competitive.
The Online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is offered at $350 per credit hour.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE AND THE COST TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE?
There are a variety of resources available to help students pay for college including federal loans, veterans benefits and highly competitive payment plan options. Over 84% of our Graduate & Professional Studies students receive some form of financial aid.
Our monthly tuition payment plan helps to make the costs of higher education manageable for our students and does not incur interest charges, unlike similar payment plan options offered by other comparable higher education institutions.
For more information regarding our payment plan options, please contact the Business Office at 1-800-729-0256 Ext. 5060 and ask to speak to a student account associate or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ONLINE DEGREE
Our students find there are many advantages to an pursing an online degree program at Tusculum.
- Online degrees are convenient and flexible.
- Online courses make use of your real world skills.
- Online courses promote life-long learning and look good on your resume.
- Online courses force you to be self-disciplined and make time for your success.
- Our online degrees are taught by our award-winning faculty, who created the programs.
FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Online courses at Tusculum are taught using Moodle, a friendly and intuitive learning management system (LMS) that connects students and faculty. Moodle is a widely-adopted and popular LMS that enables students to get up to speed quickly.
Additionally, Tusculum students may stay connected with faculty via the convenience of video-conferencing.
CONTACT US & GET STARTED
Getting started at Tusculum is easy. We are here to support you every step of way.
Call Graduate & Professional Studies Admission at (423) 636-7339 or email us at email@example.com.
Or, fill out and submit your online application to begin the process immediately. Tusculum does not charge an application fee for the Online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program.
For a step-by-step guide for applying for Financial Aid and the admission process for Tusculum’s Graduate and Professional Studies program, download the Information Technology Program Information Packet