Develop, refine and enhance the skills in demand by employers in today’s fast-paced business environment.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration provides students with a foundational knowledge in all essential areas of business, while emphasizing the need to integrate all knowledge into the decision-making process.
The program provides options for students to enhance their education through available concentrations and minors. Throughout the curriculum, students will develop, refine, and enhance the skills demanded by employers in today’s fast-paced business environment. Students will hone their skills in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and decision-making.
FITS WITH YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
Tusculum’s Business Administration program is offered online, as well as on-campus and face-to-face, to fit your busy professional and personal life. The program is flexible, allowing you to proceed at a pace that fits your life.
The program is focused and designed to give you the opportunity to learn from instructors with real Business Administration experience.
CONCENTRATIONS & MINORS
HOW TO APPLY
Graduate & Professional Studies Admission Procedures: Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for admission into Graduate & Professional Studies at Tusculum.
- Complete the online admission application.
- Submit official (sealed) transcripts of all college course-work mailed directly to Tusculum College from each previous institution.
- Veterans must submit a certified Veterans’ Form DD214 showing an honorable discharge.
- Current military personnel must submit basic training documentation.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score from within the last five years.
Admission requirements for Tusculum’s Graduate & Professional Studies program depend on the number of semester hours of earned college credit.
- Evidence of two years of work experience;
- High school regular diploma (and college, if applicable) grade-point average of 2.0 or higher or official acceptable HiSet Scores;
- Rank in the upper one-half of high school graduating class; or
- Composite score of 870 on the SAT or 18 on the ACT.
New students* (under the age of 21 with fewer than 12 semester hours of earned college credit) must satisfy two of the following three criteria:
- Evidence of two years of full time work experience;
- High school regular diploma with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher or an official acceptable GED or HiSet Scores;
- Composite score of 19 or higher on the ACT (or equivalent SAT score). If a student does not meet the ACT/SAT testing criteria and cumulative GPA requirement, they must obtain one of the following to be admitted:
- Composite score of 16 on ACT (or equivalent SAT score) and 3.0 core GPA
- Composite score of 17 on ACT (or equivalent SAT score) and 2.5 core GPA
- Composite score of 18 on ACT (or equivalent SAT score) and 2.25 core GPA
(Regardless of their sub-test scores on either the ACT or SAT)
- Complete the stated Admission Procedures.
- Possess an overall minimum grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possess the equivalent of at least 54 semester hours or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Students with academic credit earned at nationally or specially accredited institutions may request that the Registrar’s Office review such credit with the pertinent academic department.
- Have satisfactorily completed the following prerequisite coursework:
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- College Algebra equivalent or a higher-level mathematics course, excluding teacher education mathematics
- Computer Literacy
- Students for whom English is a second language must have a score of 540-543 (paper), 207 (computer-based), 76 (Internet based) or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
COSTS & TIME TO COMPLETION
As one of the most affordable private colleges in the nation, Tusculum has a proud tradition of helping working adults find success. Tusculum is committed to making a quality education affordable. Our tuition rates are very competitive.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is offered at $350 per credit hour.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE AND THE COST TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE?
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION GRADUATION PLANS
These convenient graduation plans show the courses you need to take to earn your degree. Just choose your location:
WHAT MAKES TUSCULUM DIFFERENT?
“I love the pace of the program. I also appreciate that each course includes practical application of how that subject can be used in my everyday work experiences. It’s not just theoretical classroom lecture. The program is designed so that it can be applied in real life.”
Marcus Blair , BS in Business Administration Graduate
SUCCESSFUL OUTCOMES FOR TUSCULUM GRADUATES
According to the recent National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) First Destination Survey, Tusculum graduates’ career outcomes were over 7% better than the national average, and more Tusculum graduates were employed full-time than the national average.
Tusculum has been ranked 23rd among the Best Bang for the Buck Colleges in the Southern category of the 2016 Washington Monthly College Rankings, appearing 4th for Tennessee institutions. Additionally, Tusculum was named 78th among all colleges and universities that offer master’s degree programs.
In 2016, Tusculum ranked among the top colleges in the State of Tennessee in the first-ever rankings of American colleges and universities by The Economist. Tusculum ranked an impressive 7th among the 36 Tennessee-based schools included. Overall, Tusculum was ranked in the 57th percentile—meaning it was ranked ahead of 57 percent of the 1267 American colleges and universities included in the rankings.
There are a variety of resources available to help students pay for college including federal loans, veterans benefits and highly competitive payment plan options. Over 84% of our Graduate & Professional Studies students receive some form of financial aid.
Our monthly tuition payment plan helps to make the costs of higher education manageable for our students and does not incur interest charges, unlike similar payment plan options offered by other comparable higher education institutions.
For more information regarding our payment plan options, please contact the Business Office at 423-636-7300 Ext. 5060 and ask to speak to a student account associate or email email@example.com.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ONLINE DEGREE
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is offered in both an online format as well as in class. If you are interested in the online option, our students have found advantages to an pursing an online degree program at Tusculum.
- Online degrees are convenient and flexible.
- Online courses make use of your real world skills.
- Online courses promote life-long learning and look good on your resume.
- Online courses force you to be self-disciplined and make time for your success.
- Our online degrees are taught by our award-winning faculty, who created the programs.
FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Online courses at Tusculum are taught using Moodle, a friendly and intuitive learning management system (LMS) that connects students and faculty. Moodle is a widely-adopted and popular LMS that enables students to get up to speed quickly.
Additionally, Tusculum students may stay connected with faculty via the convenience of video-conferencing.
CONTACT US & GET STARTED
Getting started at Tusculum is easy. We are here to support you every step of way.
Call Graduate & Professional Studies Admission at (423) 636-7339 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, fill out and submit your online application to begin the process immediately. Tusculum does not charge an application fee for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program.